Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sneak Peek at a New Year's Eve Wedding Celebration : {Akron, CO & Denver, CO Wedding Photographer}

If you remember New Years Eve and the weather...you will smile to yourself when imagining how graciously this now newly wed couple pulled off their wedding! Picture a small town with close ties between neighbors. I think this is a pretty good description of Akron, CO. I had never been here before, but Tianna assured me, if I blinked - I might miss it. Had the wind not been blowing upwards of what I would guess to be 50-60 mph, I would have died to tour the town and take our time outside nailing all the great shots we wanted to get in cool locations. Be the weather as it was, this was not really an option. When I arrived at the wedding, I nearly got my heavy door thrown back into my body courtesy of the wind. I made it into the church with Kelsey (my business partner/second shooter) without anything too embarrassing happening. We got some shots of Justin & the men in their duds for the day. We even attempted braving the outdoors...yeah, that didn't last long.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then, it was off to Tianna's sister's home which was nearby. By this point, the snow was whipping around in the wind too. It was awesome!! (I'm being partly facetious, but it was actually kind of pretty too) Tianna and all her ladies in waiting were nearly ready so we got some fun shots of them...my favorites are the ones with the bags over their hair so as not to allow the wind to muss them! Dang it all if we weren't trying to hurry and I nailed a nice, slightly blurry one...but it's for the memories, right?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then, back to the church to squeak in a handful of shots before guests began to arrive. Justin was put into quarantine and not allowed to see Tianna before she made her way down the aisle. I think he would definitely agree that it was worth the wait.

Photobucket

And then, the real beautiful part began. The wedding ceremony. Did I mention, at this point all the power in the chapel went out. You know what...it didn't matter. It was something to see as Justin didn't take his eyes from Tianna as she made her way down the aisle on her daddy's arm. You could tell her daddy was definitely proud too. I'm going to stop writing, but there is one shot in here that I realize might not be the most technically correct image, but it is my very favorite. When I saw it on my card after the wedding and realized what it was - despite how dark the image initially was I knew it was a keeper. Talk about a beautiful, quiet moment of intense emotion. I'll let you guess which one it is. Enjoy the love story as it unfolds...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Justin & Tianna - I had such a fun time with you guys. It was such a pleasure to be able to be a part of your wedding, not only as the photographer...but as a guest. You are a beautiful couple with huge things ahead of you and I hope you continue to let me be a part of the adventure from time to time! Congratulations!

And here's one for the road...this is for Atkins Nutritional!! Love you guys too!

Photobucket





No comments: