Wednesday, January 04, 2012

New Year's Resolution and a Challenge

I've known and loved my sweet husband now for almost 13 years now. He makes me a better person each and every day through his example, his character and his love. I doubt I will ever repay the gift my Father in Heaven gave me when He brought this man into my life. One of the many things I love about Tim is that he is SUPER goal oriented...even if he doesn't write New Years Resolutions every year...he does write down his goals OFTEN and then proceeds to make them a reality. He helped me realize one of my great goals in life when he encouraged and supported me when I began this business 8+ years ago. It has been a labor of love at times and has definitely pulled our family many different directions in the course of its successes and failures. I am so thankful to have a job that allows me to be a mother & wife first and foremost. And then to allow me a real sense of ownership in my creativity.

So, all that said - in honor of my rock in life (Tim) I am setting out to accomplish my goals in 2012 and I'm posting them on here so that I am held accountable. Some are small goals, some are mountains for me. But, each goal is something I hope to have accomplished within this year. You are welcome to join me and post your comments/links as to what your goals for 2012 are. So, here goes.

1. Drink 64 oz. of water every day (I love my diet Coke/Pepsi's and learning to turn to water instead is going to be a real struggle for me...but I want this!)

2. Be a part of & participate in a 52 Week Photography Project

project 52 p52 weekly photo challenge my3boybarians.com

3. Read my children a book as a family...whether it's a longer chapter book or children's illustrated book doesn't matter...at least 4 nights a week.

4. Plan & cook healthy, good meals for my family for dinner 5 nights a week at least.

5. Write in my journal 5 nights a week.

6. Scripture Study DAILY...this is a hard one for me. I love reading but I struggle not to put other good reads in front of this.

7. Read 50 books in 2012



8. Bake homemade bread weekly with my kids help. (I'm going to USE my Christmas gifts!!)

9. Continue to better learn my craft. (Just so you know, I am CONSTANTLY learning. I feel grateful to still be a student of photography. I truly believe if you think you know it all, you become stagnant in what you do.)

10. Continue to see clients from past session return for future sessions. (It doesn't get much better than knowing that you did your job well enough the first time so much so that you have clients/friends ask you to do it again!)

11. Book sessions with clients who saw my work and wanted in on the action!

12. Book sessions that are REFERRALS of past clients ( this is where you come in my friends! Please continue to refer friends or family my direction. And don't forget there is an incentive! )

13. In order to really accomplish #11, I need to keep this blog up to date with sneak peeks as well as a few other surprises I have up my sleeve.

14. Collaborate with some other great local photographers & work together to begin creating even more greatness here in the southeast corner of Colorado!

15. Continue to have dance parties with any of my cuties that come into my office without hesitation!

16. Earn my new camera body. I'm doing it!

...more to come. But we are going to start with this.

And since no post is complete without a great shot. Here is my first image for my 52 Week Photo Challenge.

"RESOLUTION"

Photobucket

No comments: